Glass Top Sewing Pins in A Wooden Box
Beautiful sewing pins enclosed in a compact cherry-wood box.
30 pins are included, featuring color-coordinated translucent and opaque glass pinheads. Pins are supple yet durable and are manufactured in Hiroshima, a city with a 300-year history of high-quality needle production. Rigorous quality control ensures unified thickness and length of pins and their ability to pierce cloth with ease. The small glass top provides more versatility.
The wooden box is made of cherry wood, which has a beautiful grain and is considered highly durable. The compact box makes it easy to carry around.
The belt that holds the wooden box has a shell button in the shape of a flower. Cut from the black-lipped pearl oyster, known as a pearl-growing shell, the shell button is attractive for its glossy luster.
30 Sewing Pins
The top comes in 2 types: clear and translucent in the same color.
Cherry-wood box｜Daiwa Sangyo／Nara
The company was established in 1970 as a manufacturer of wooden medicine cabinets for the local industry of medicine. The company has developed a variety of products that meet the needs of the times, from tub products and wooden boxes that use traditional techniques to pursue new ways of making wooden products.
Kawanishi Town, Nara Prefecture is the largest producer of shellfish buttons in Japan, even though it is a land without the sea.
The six rivers that flow through the town brought boat transportations from Osaka, and shell button manufacture became an important source of income for people in this town especially during the agriculture off-seasons.
Tomoi was founded here in 1913.Their technology, acquired through years of experience in the manufacturing of shell buttons, has won the trust of the global fashion industry.
All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
|Glass top diameter
Sewing pins: Glass, Nickel plating, Steel
Wooden box: Wood (mountain cherry)
Band: Black pearl shell, Elastic, Brass
- Each product varies in color and grain due to the use of natural wood.
- Please avoid water exposure.
- Please remove dirt on the surface by gently wiping with a dry cloth.
- The lid is designed to lightly cover the main body. When lifting it, be careful not to drop it as this may cause needle spillage or damage.
- Do not expose the product to direct sunlight, high temperatures, or high humidity. It may cause discoloration, deformation, or mold.
- If the glass top of the sewing pin is pulled hard, it may come off.
- After use, wipe off sweat, grease, etc. to prevent from rusting.
- Needlepoints are sharp and dangerous, so please handle with care.
- Please be careful not to use sewing pins for anything other than sewing, as it may result in breakage or injury.
- If the elastic of the shell button station is pulled too hard, the shell button station may come off or the elastic may break.
- Shell button buttons may break with strong impact.
- Each shell button has a different shape, color, and surface texture because it is a natural material. Please enjoy it as a texture.
- Keep out of reach of infants.