Pencil Sharpener with Ddelicate Parquet and Great Presence
This hexagonal wooden pencil sharpener is ergonomically designed with gently curved corners for easy sharpening.
The lid features a traditional Japanese pattern known as Asanoha, based on a type of hemp leaf. The intricate design is crafted with various hardwoods by hand in a parquet technique called Yosegi-zaiku by the master craftsman at Yosegi Koubou Ag.
The asanoha leaf has been said to have the power to expel evil spirits since the old days, and the design is commonly used throughout Japan as a protective talisman.
Any artist knows that a crisp, sharp pencil lead is essential to the process of crafting and design. The pencil sharpener itself is created by Nakajima Jukyudo, the only manufacturer in Japan who specializes in small pencil sharpeners, and the quality of this sharpener is evident in the clean, unbroken pencil shavings that the razor-sharp blade produces.
This pencil sharpener can be used for regular pencils, colored pencils, and chalk pencils of standard size.
The lid is designed to cover the main body, and shavings are removed by opening the top lid.
Parquet｜Yosegi Koubou Ag.／Kanagawa
2A certificated specialist of Hakone Yosegi-zaiku decorative parquetry.
Founded in 1933, Japan's only manufacturer specializing in small pencil sharpeners.
The shaving created by their sharpener are beautifully connected, just like art. They are attracting attention both at home and abroad.
All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
Body: Wood (Japanese Judas tree, Mizuki tree, Walnut)
Pencil Sharpener: Cutlery steel, Nickel Alloy, Styrene resin
- Since natural wood is used, there are differences in color and grain depending on the product.
- Please avoid getting wet.
- To remove dirt, gently wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
- Lightly soak a cloth with natural oil such as camellia oil and apply it to give it a glossy finish.
- Remove pencil shavings, especially the lead part, as soon as possible. Leaving them inside can be the cause of internal contamination.。
- Use an eraser to remove the stain from the lead, which is relatively easy to remove. If you rub along the grain of the wood, the stain may spread, so please rub in a vertical direction to the grain of the wood.
- It may crack if dropped or strong force is applied.
- The lid is designed to cover the body lightly. Be careful not to drop the body when lifting.
- The blade part has a safe structure that does not come into direct contact with the hand, but it is dangerous to intentionally remove the blade because it uses a blade that cuts very well.
- The built-in pencil sharpener and its blade are not replaceable.
- Do not leave in direct sunlight, high temperature, or high humidity. It may cause discoloration, deformation and mold.
- Keeo out of reach of infants.