Leather Pouch Reminiscent of A Plump Flower Bud
The material is "white tanned leather" of reliable quality backed by Hyogo's tradition and craftsmen's "tanning" techniques, which have developed against a background of abundant water resources.
The hides are "tanned" to become leather, which is then made into a pure leather as a material.
The "white tanned leather" used for Cohana's drawstring is a human- and eco-friendly leather made without using chemicals. Only vegetable tannin extracted from plants and natural materials are used in this process. Leather carefully tanned in this natural way becomes fine-textured and beautiful white leather, and can be dyed to a beautiful color. The leather is a little stiff at first, but it will become softer with use.
Vibrantly colored and easy to carry around, this elegant leather pouch can be used for sewing notions and accessories or other small personal items.
The shape of this purse resembles a plump of flower bud. When you loosen the wooden button and the string, it spreads out like a blooming flower. The unfolded pouch can also function as a tray just as it is, very convenient when you want to do a bit of needlework.
White tanned leather｜Yoshikawa Leather Studio／Hyogo
Founded in 1955, Yoshikawa Leather Studio is a tannery that began by making white leather used for volleyballs. A tanner is a specialist who processes hides into usable leather.
They specialize in white leatherworking and dye our Himeji Leather Pouches expertly in Cohana's signature colors.
All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
Body: Genuine leather
String: Cotton (Waxed)
- White tanned leather is a natural material and may have uneven coloring. Please enjoy it as a texture.
- The fine leather inside the drawstring pouch may peel off with friction.
- Wetting with water or sweat may cause color fading or staining.
- Color may fade with friction.
- Do not expose the product to direct sunlight, high temperatures, or high humidity. It may cause discoloration, deformation, or mold. To prevent mold and stains, store in a well-ventilated shady place.
- If you want to remove stains, use a cleaner specially designed for leather. Please be careful not to rub too hard, as this may cause the color to fade.
- Keep out of reach of infants.