Bringing A Playful Nature to Your Project
Ohajiki, a Japanese classic children's toy made from coin-shaped glass beads, adorned on the top of these sharp sewing pins.
The artisans at Plants Bead Works Tokyo designed these exquisite Ohajiki Sewing Pins to bring a childlike sense of wonder and joy to any sewing project. The set comes in three different patterns of swirls, marbles, and flowers in soft colors.
The durable steel-and-nickel needle of the pin is manufactured in Hiroshima, a city with a 300-year history of high-quality needle production.
Rigorus quality control ensures that pins are of uniform thickness and pierce cloth with ease.
Ohajiki Top｜Plants Beads Works／Tokyo
Plants Beads Works, established in Kokubunji, Tokyo in 2011.
While creating various forms of glasswork, the artisan came to learn that in old days some people used to carry an Ohajiki as an amulet to expel evil spirits away, so he became interested in Ohajiki as a subject of his creation. Since then, his creation has been mainly focused on making original Ohajiki.
Ohajiki motif glass bead heads have distinctive delicate patterns with gentle colors. The unique patterns of Ohajiki are determined in flames with true craftsmanship.
All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
Glass, Nickel plating, Steel
- The needle tip is sharp, so please be careful not to lose or when handling.
- Please do not use for any purpose other than sewing.
- Wipe off sweat and grease after use to prevent discoloration and rusting.
- Since the glass tops are handmade, there are individual differences in size and patterns.
- The glass top of the sewing pin may come off if you pull too strong.
- Keep out of reach of infants.