Pearl-like Iridescent Shine Giving It A Gentle Impression
This flower top is made of Akoya shells, which are known as the mother of pearl. The iridescent, pearl-like shine that is a characteristic of Akoya shells is utilized to create a top with a gentle impression.
There are three different cut patterns, each with a gentle design reminiscent of flowers with hand-drawn curves. Combined with the natural curves of the original shells, each piece has a unique expression.
Interior pins are employed for the push-pin needles, where the needle feet are not fully buried in the wall.
Compared to ordinary pushpins and thumbtacks, the needle is thinner and stronger, and the top of the shell button is designed to float 4mm from the surface.
When used on a wall, the top of the button softly casts the shadow of a flower, creating a small yet strong presence.
It is easy to remove and will not damage fingernails.
The subdued gold color of the brass-plated finish is accented by the natural shine of the Akoya shells on the top.
This assorted box includes each five colors of Flower Push Pin (Mother-of-Pearl).
Single color 3 pcs set is also available. Flower Push Pin (Mother-of-Pearl) Single color set
Kawanishi Town, Nara Prefecture is the largest producer of shellfish buttons in Japan, even though it is a land without the sea.
The six rivers that flow through the town brought boat transportations from Osaka, and shell button manufacture became an important source of income for people in this town especially during the agriculture off-seasons.
Tomoi was founded in this place in 1913.
Their technology, acquired through years of experience in the manufacturing of shell buttons, has won the trust of the global fashion industry.
Meikodo makes sewing pins and special pins.
Rigorous quality control ensures unified thickness and length of pins, and their ability to pierce cloth with ease.
All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
Shell button：Akoya shell
- Cork board Gypsum board Please use for thin veneer walls or transparent cutting mats for dressmaking. If you use it on wood or hard materials, it will be a burden and the shell buttons may crack, the needles may break, or the parts may come off.
- The needle may break if it is pushed diagonally or excessive force is applied to it due to its thinness.
- The pins will darken in hue over time.
- Shell button is a natural material, so there are variations in thickness and curves. As a result, the needles may appear to be distorted.
- Since shell buttons are made of natural material, there are individual differences in shape, color, and surface texture. Please enjoy it as a texture.
- Do not place the product in a place where it will be exposed to high temperatures.
- The needle tip is sharp and dangerous, so please handle the needle with care.
- Please keep out of reach of infants.