Brass Ruler (Classic Japanese Style) 15cm (45-047)
Brass Ruler with Japanese Classic Bamboo Scale Design
Traditional bamboo rulers were once widely used in old Japan but fell out of favor over the years. We collaborated with the brand ICHIREI of Marui Techno Co. Ltd., Tochigi Prefecture to reimagine the old-school Japanese bamboo ruler in brass. The ruler has a nostalgic but timeless feel, and the polished brass is a delight to the touch. Its gentle curve emulates the character of bamboo and fits naturally to your hands, which makes it easier to use than a flat ruler.
Precise scales are beautifully laser-engraved on the surface in the Japanese traditional bamboo ruler way. Rather than numerals, simple dots called hoshi are engraved every 2.5 cm in the traditional style so that the ruler can be used from both ends.
The Brass Ruler (Classic Japanese Style) comes in two sizes, 15 cm and 30 cm. A great gift for your loved ones.
※This ruler is scaled in centimeters.
Brass ruler｜ICHIREI by Marui Techno ／ Tochiki
ICHIREI is a brand of measuring equipment developed by MARUI TECHNO based on the concept of "plus one needed by all people involved in manufacturing".
All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
- The more you use it over time, the darker the color gets.
- Do not polish with metal abrasive or a polishing cloth. The vermilion paints may come off.
- Do not leave it in water or with acidic materials. It may discolor.
- During use, green rust may rarely occur. It is non-toxic and harmless, but if you are concerned about it, please take care of it as follows.
(1)Apply the same amount of salt to vinegar on a cloth and rub it directly on the place where patina is generated to polish it off.
(2)Wash it with a neutral detergent and rinse it well.
- Be careful not to get injured by the edges or corners of the ruler.
- Pressing and sliding the edge or corner of the ruler against the fabric may cause the fabric to tear or transfer color.
- Do not use at high temperatures. May cause burns.
- Leaving the ruler curved for a long time may cause deformation.
- Please note that dropping or giving an impact may cause damage.
- Keep out of reach of infants.