A Round Shape Cute Pincushion that Makes the Most of the Materials
This charming pincushion is characterized by a compact, round shape, inspired by a nut in the forest. Craftsmen at Nakauchi, a button manufacturer established in 1914 in Nara, carve the wooden base by hand with great skill. The fragrant wood is sourced from hinoki cypress from the Kii Mountains south of Osaka.
The fabric of the pincushion is a Banshu textiles, produced in the northern Harima region of Hyogo Prefecture. Banshu weaves are distinguished by their natural texture, rich colors, and smoothness to the touch. Saito & Textiles, from whom we source the cushion, strives to craft eco-friendly products and makes use of cloth remnants for these small pincushions so that waste is minimized.
Pins slide easily into the Cypress Pincushion and its stuffing is rust-resistant.
●It can also be strung as a pendant to make a cute accessory or for easy portability.
Cypress Pincushion Base｜Nakauchi／Nara<
Founded in 1914 as a button manufacturer. The company plans a wide variety of materials and parts. They apply the know-how they have cultivated over many years of experience in handling clothing accessories to the pursuit of beauty and the search for creativity.
Banshu Textiles｜Saito Shoten／Hyogo
Banshu textile makers learned the technique from Nishijin in Kyoto and completed the loom in 1792. Since then, it has a history of more than 200 years. While incorporating the latest technology, the company also engages in environmentally friendly manufacturing to deliver peace of mind, affluence, and happiness.
All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions of the product may slightly vary.
Base: Wood (cypress), Fabric: Cotton, Filling: Polyester, Tag: Genuine leather
- Due to the nature of the fabric, piercing with a thick needle may cause holes in the fabric.
- Make sure that the needle does not get stuck in the pin cushion.
- The base is made of natural wood, so the color and grain of the wood may vary on each product.
- Please note that placing the product in a high temperature or humid place may cause it to crack or deform.
- Hinoki tar may appear on the surface, and it may be sticky. Wipe with alcohol to remove the stickiness.
- Leather tag is made of genuine leather and may stretch slightly. Wetting with water or sweat may cause color fading or staining./li>
- Keep out of reach of infants.